Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday, September

I was gone from school on Wednesday and Thursday, so I was not able to update the blog. So, I apologize for any problems this might have caused. 

I also apologize for the amount of homework many students brought home last night.  I give a fair amount of homework, but I don't expect students to spend an entire evening completing language arts homework.  The plans were not clear to the substitute teacher and as a result, things were assigned that should not have been.  I have talked to each class and I think we are now all on the same page.  Students who completed assignments that were not actually to be given, will be given extra credit.

Reading & Writing:  Students were assigned a book report today for Summer of the Swans by Betsy Byars.  The materials are due November 1st for first and second hours and November 5th for third hour.  There will be no class time given for this assignment.  It is a long term assignment and students should complete the requirements at home.  If students want this assignment typed so that they do not have to write it out in ink, I did tell them that a parent or other adult could type their final draft, once they had their rough draft completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment